This is a good recipe for a Mother’s Day Brunch!
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage (or turkey sausage)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) Better’n Eggs (egg beaters)?
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Crystal Farms® Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I’m sure Kraft/store brand would be fine too)!
(I would have to add onions to this recipe)!
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Grease 12-cup regular muffin cup pan; set aside. In medium bowl combine Simply Potatoes, butter and salt; mix well. Press about ¼ cup Simply Potatoes mixture into each muffin cup lining bottom and sides. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
2. Meanwhile, brown Italian sausage in 10-inch skillet; drain grease. Add mushrooms and red bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Fill each baked hash brown cup equally with sausage mixture.
3. In small bowl combine Better’n Eggs® and Italian seasoning; mix well. Pour over sausage mixture, filling each muffin cup equally. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cup comes out clean.
Calories 165; Total Fat 9g; Saturated Fat 0g; Cholesterol 23mg; Sodium 388mg; Carbohydrate 11g; Dietary Fiber 1g; Protein 9g