- cup plus 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg whites called for on cake mix box
- package (0.13 oz) cherry-flavored or other red-colored unsweetened soft drink mix
- container Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
- Green and red food colors
- cup green jelly beans
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease or spray two 8- or 9-inch round cake pans. In small bowl, toss 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of the cake mix. In large bowl, beat remaining cake mix, the water, oil, egg whites and drink mix with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Stir in the 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Pour into pans.
- Bake and cool as directed on box for 8- or 9-inch rounds.
- In small bowl, stir 1 cup of the frosting with 10 to 12 drops green food color. Stir 10 to 12 drops red food color into remaining frosting. Frost sides of cakes with green frosting; press green jelly beans into frosting. Frost tops of cakes with red frosting; press remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips into frosting for seeds. If desired, cut cakes crosswise in half and arrange “slices” randomly on tray. To serve, cut into wedges. Store loosely covered.
- Use mini chips, and toss in a small amount of cake mix to make sure there are lots of chips and that they stay distributed in the cake.