Makes 5 to 10 cups popcorn
What You Need
1/4 to 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
Salt or other seasonings of choice (optional)
Paper lunch bag (use an extra-large lunch bag if popping 1/2 cup kernels)
- Place the popcorn kernels in the bag: Depending on how much popcorn you need, you can use 1/4 to 1/2 cup of kernels.
- Fold the bag: Fold the top of the bag down three times, making sure to leave plenty of room inside the bag for the popped kernels.
- Microwave the bag: Microwave the bag on HIGH for 4 minutes. But stay close by — depending on the power of your microwave, the popcorn may be done in as little as 2 minutes. Listen carefully and stop the microwave when the popping slows to about 2 seconds between pops.
- Season the popcorn (optional): Pour the popcorn into a bowl and add salt or other seasonings, if you like.
- Save the bag: As long as the bag doesn’t have any holes or tears, you can reuse it for your next batch of microwave popcorn.
- Spraying the popped popcorn with a little olive oil or coconut oil spray will help the salt or other seasonings stick to the kernels.